How Does an AC work?
.The buyer is now very smart on the lane!
Upon due diligence, he / she makes right measured choices. Nevertheless, these are the immediate problems.
- How do they research for it?
- How do they shortlist the Best AC in 2019 or 2020 now?
Due diligence for selecting the Best AC in India 2020
To find out, the customer certainly needs to know more. More knowledge is surely more power. And the best way to know the best AC in India is to first understand the process in 2020, underlying the device you are buying.
Process – Working of the air conditioner
Air Conditioners basically thrive on the principle of heat removal.
AC does particularly nothing. But removes heat and humidity from the space. The space can be covered with individuals or groups of individuals.
This was possible, basically because of the development of the evaporation process.
A refrigerant (or highly volatile liquids, like alcohol and ether) can chill the ambient air. When gases/liquids are compressed and liquefied and then allowed to evaporate, cooling takes place.
Refrigerants are used for this purpose. Refrigerants are of various kinds, that are often utilized. They undergo phase change due to a vapor-compression refrigeration process by the compressor.
The 4 Areas through which a refrigerant passes are:
- Expansion Valve
Single-Stage Vapor-compression process in AC
The Refrigeration Cycle in AC
Operation Principle of AC at home
The principle of operation of an Air Conditioner (AC) is based on the movement of heat from one place to another.
A liquid refrigerant circulates in a particular sequence. It absorbs heat from the heat source and leaves it somewhere else.
Basically, hot air is taken in by the cooling system or air conditioner. After that, it is processed and cooled by passing through a series of compression and expansion.
Here, it finally evaporates. And thus, emits a cold stream of air.
On top of that, the warm air that is taken inside the A/C is propelled (by a Blower) towards the evaporator.
Here, it evaporates the liquid coolant from the mixture. Eventually, it leads to more cooling. Remaining warm air is then propelled to the outside through the back.
Finally, the residual vapor goes inside the coils and tubes. And the cycle starts all over again.
To learn more about the method please watch the full video below.
Read here: Activated Carbon Filter in AC
Humidity Control for AC in India
We human beings sweat to cool down. This in-built function is present in humans by birth. Thus, we feel good in less humid air.
AC provides relative moisture and helps keep the overall balance.
Dehumidification and Cooling
The processed air contains less moisture. The evaporator coil is colder than that around it. That’s why moisture deposits on the coil.
ACs have a moisture removal program to get rid of this moisture. The program mainly has a cycle.
Here, the compressor is constant but the fan motion is slowed.
That is how the evaporator cools down more. And then it goes below the threshold.
And that’s when both compressor and fan are shut down. To prevent a further drop in temperature. And moisture from being blown back again in the ambient space.
When the temperature comes up again, two things happen. The compressor restarts and the fan comes to low speed.
Inverter ACs have a temperature sensor in the inner part of the coil.
When the temperature is too low, the compressor is slowed down or stopped, but the fan is still running.
Types of AC – Which is Best for me?
- Window AC
- Split AC
- Central AC
- Portable AC
Window AC – Best in India or not?
It is installed in an open window. The first fan blows over the evaporator and cools the inside of the room. The second fan blows towards the outside at the back of the device. And heat is vented out.
Split AC – Best AC in India
The inside unit is kept separate from the outside unit. And at a distance. In India, for years, window ACs were used. But, the trend is slowly inclining towards split AC.
- It is kind of a ductless AC.
- They were invented first by Daikin in 1973.
- Advantages – Smaller size and flexibility
- Disadvantage – Initial Cost of installation is higher.
- It is also known as a variable refrigerant flow system
- There is an outdoor unit called compressor. It is connected to many indoor units. And it allows proper cooling in several rooms simultaneously.
- Advantage – One outdoor unit for several indoor units, so it improves the aesthetic appearance of the building.
- Disadvantage – Nothing
Central AC – used in India?
This is a much more advanced machine with an air handling unit (a.k.a. AHU). AHU is a device used to process and circulate the air.
Centralized AC has an air handling unit (AHU) as its main part. The AHU is a huge metal box, that contains many components and elements.
- A blower,
- Heating and cooling elements,
- Filter chambers,
- Sound attenuators, and
It can be installed on roofs, whereby it is called a rooftop unit (RTU).
Portable AC – Best AC in India when on the move in 2020
You can carry a portable AC inside your home or office. This is what the name suggests as well.
- They have a power of around 5,000-60,000/h
- They are either Evaporative or Refrigerative
- With Resistance Heaters or without
- Refrigerant-based portable AC cool in the same way as a typical household AC does.
Best AC in India – Buyer’s Guide 2020
How to choose the best AC in India
You must know that there are various kinds of ACs in the current market. They all have different kinds of highlights.
Be that as it may, it isn’t so troublesome. When purchasing AC, you need to take a gander at some special factors.
The factors to consider are as follows:
- The size of your home,
- Extent of your financial limit, and
- Features provided by the brand.
Size of the best AC in India 2020
|Room Size||AC Ton|
|100 sq. ft||0.8 ton|
|150 sq, ft||1 ton|
|250 sq. ft||1.5 ton|
|400 sq. ft||2.0 ton|
- BTU (British Thermal Unit) – 9000 to 30000.
- Capacity appraisals – 1 ton, 1.5 ton, etc
- Top capacity and open-spaciousness
- If the room size is enormous, consider purchasing a bigger Split Air Conditioner/ window AC.
Electricity consumption of the Best AC in India
You should choose an AC judiciously. And should use it efficiently, too.
Factors affecting the electricity consumption of an AC are as follows:
- Power Input
- Usage per day
What is Inverter AC? Which is the Best AC for home in 2019?
Inverter is a new innovation in the AC field.
By and large, Split AC in India has a blower in the spacious unit.
The fan runs for the most part at a fixed speed. This likewise relies upon the temperature set.
Presently, consider a programmable AC thinks. And changes the fan motion-range on its own!!
Coils in AC – Copper Coil or Aluminium Coil? which is best for AC?
Traditionally, copper has been the best choice for coil. But, nowadays, the choice is inclining towards aluminum.
Characteristics of ideal coil material.
Heat Transfer : Copper is a better material
Strength: Copper has superior strength.
Malleability: Super malleability is required for the ideal coil material.
Compressor types: Reciprocating Vs Rotary-Which is present in the Best AC in India?
Compressors are used in an AC to increase gas pressure. To achieve this, the volume is reduced in a mechanical way. A pump can be compared with a compressor in a way when a liquid is being pressurized.
The Cooling capacity of AC can be changed in various ways.
Common Modulation technologies
- On-off cycling
- Hot gas bypass
- Manifold configurations
- Mechanically modulated Compressor (Digital)
- Inverter compressor
A compressor has many types.
Broad Classification of compressors used in the best AC
For practical purposes, we can study them under the following headings:
- Rotary screw
- Scroll Compressors
Reciprocating Compressor for Best AC
- They contain pistons which are driven with the help of crankshafts
- There are 2 types of Reciprocating compressors: Stationery & Portable
- Powered electrically or by combustion engines
- The AC in vehicles uses a smaller version of this and has 5 to 30Hp
- Industries use larger ones with Hp of more than 1000
- Multi-stage double-acting compressors are most efficient
Rotary screw Compressor in AC in India
- 2 positive-displacement helical screws are involved, where gas is forced into a small space
- Particularly suitable for continuous use.
- 3 Hp to 1200 Hp
- These compressors have a rotating disc or impellers.
- This increases the gas velocity.
- A divergent duct translates velocity to pressure energy.
- Mainly for industrial use.
- Their power is 100Hp to 1000s of Hp.
- Interweaved spiral panes are used to compress the refrigerants.
- Two of them are present; one into the other
- They are more smooth, quiet and reliable than the other types
Air conditioning Refrigerants and Safety?
Maybe a liquid or a gas that is used inside of an AC for the purpose of cooling. It flows in the cycle and undergoes the transformation from liquid to gas and vice versa.
- Earliest cooling agents were sulphur dioxide, methyl chloride and ammonia
- CFC (chlorofluorocarbons) were next, but people questioned the side effect of depleting the ozone layer. HFC (hydrofluorocarbons) and perfluorocarbons (PFC) also faced similar issue.
- Hydrocarbons are used more and more for cooling.
- More recently, Ammonia (R717) and CO2 are used commonly.
Energy efficiency for deciding the best AC
Energy Star is likewise another factor to consider while obtaining the Split Air Conditioners in India!
A great deal additionally relies upon the split ac capacity alongside the Energy Star Program of the manufacturers.
Each of the various brands has their metric estimations and arrive at a finish of Energy Stars.
The best AC in India can place the Energy productive evaluations according to the estimates they consider.
Nonetheless, ACs with higher BTU would, by and large, imply that they devour more vitality.
Why no to Window AC? Best AC in India is Split AC or Window in 2020?
Basically, there are varied highlights for purchasing a Split AC or a Window AC.
If you concentrate on an area of around 200 sq. Ft, grabbing an ideal cooling system would be extraordinary.
Split AC is helpful in virtually very little rooms. This, by all ways, means that Window AC is more and more excellent with the larger size of rooms.
Nonetheless, on the off chance that you think about the preferences, Split AC has some of them to satisfy the requirements. This is regardless of the best AC brand in India in 2020. This is irrespective of which AC is best.
The best Split AC in 2019 would have the following properties:
- It is quiet;
- has a decent reaction;
- is much cleaner and sterile to use simultaneously;
- consists of a blower unit outside and an indoor unit.
Does AC needs voltage Stabilizer?
One would, without inhibition, get used to the realization. That if you are happy buying another Split AC, you should have the plan to take care of greater power tabs.
Nevertheless, it isn’t about the electricity bills as it were! The blower present in the open air unit works inside a potential distinction of 190 V to 240V.
Is a stabilizer really required?
Notwithstanding, there are numerous parts in the city and country zones where the voltage is lower than 190V. You should require a decent Voltage Stabilizer to keep up the tension of the home.
There is an off-chance that you have more than one AC in your home. At that point, you should purchase a Voltage Stabilizer.
Maintaining an AC to keep it in the best shape
How often should the filters be cleaned?
Filters in the Split AC are additionally one of the most significant parts that you consider before buying.
Unquestionably, the degree of contamination is expanding. And is never sheltered to in damnation smoke even from outside or inside your home.
Additionally, keeping your Split AC clean would imply that you are introducing yourself to perfect and fresh outside air.
So to say, it is imperative to clean the filters now and then. You should purify the screens in a recurrence of 15 days.
Be that as it may, attempt to choose occasional professional assistance for the AC per 3-4 months. This keeps the air-con pure and gives decent compensation.
Health Effects – Good/Bad
Basically, AC can protect us from hot weather. It prevents heat stroke and dehydration. Also, AC can provide a clean, safe and non-allergic atmosphere in hospitals. For people having allergies, doctors advise them to stay in air-conditioned atmosphere.
On the downside, cooling towers can be a breeding ground for microorganisms. They do Chlorine treatment sometimes, in order to prevent such growth.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
It relates particularly to the quality of air in and around your house or offices. It may affect the health and comfort of the occupants in the surroundings who breathe that air.
Environmental Hazards – Is AC really best for us in 2019 for a home?
AC has many parts and ingredients. CFC and HFC are carbon compounds used as cooling agents.
They increase the holes in the ozone layer.
Newer compounds are being continuously found out to reduce ozone layer depletion.
AC requires energy to function. Fossil fuel is burned to make energy. This leads to the ‘Greenhouse effect’. This also causes ozone layer depletion.
So, it harms the environment as well as depletes fossil fuels.
This effect of AC generally goes unseen. The dust and bacteria gather in the ducts of AC. Every time you switch on the AC, the dust and bacteria get released. This is especially toxic for children.
This is why ductless AC models have been made. They focus more on environmental safety.
In early days, metal was used for the parts of AC. Nowadays, plastic is used.
But plastic cannot be biodegraded so it is very harmful to nature.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best AC in India 2019
Best AC brand in India? Which AC brand is best in India 2020?
- 1 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper 123V_DZX White)
- Voltas 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC (Copper SAC_123_DZX White)
- 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC (Copper CAS18EK3R39F0+CF183R3AC90 White)
- 5 Star Carrier 1.5 Ton Inverter Split AC (Copper ESKO NEO HYBRIDJET INV R32CAI18EK5R39F0 White)
- 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper RSNG317HCEA Gold)
- 3 Star 1.5 Ton Split AC (CopperRIDAA 3100f RSC318HBD White)
- Blue Star 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC (Copper FS318AATU White)
- Inverter Split AC Blue Star 1.5 Ton (IC518QATX, White)
- 1.5 Ton 5 Star Dual Inverter Split AC (Copper, KS-Q18HNZD, White, Hi Grooved Copper)
- Inverter Window AC LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star (Copper, JW-Q18WUXA1, White)
- FTL50S 1.5TR 3 Split AC (Copper, 2018)
- 3 Star Split AC Daikin 1.5 Ton (Copper MTL50TV White)
- 1.5 Ton 3 Star Hot and Cold Inverter Split AC (Copper AR18RG3BAWK White)
- 5 Star Inverter Cassette AC Samsung 2 Ton (Copper, AC071NN4DKC/TL, White)
- 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC (Copper, 1.5T MAGICOOL ELITE PRO 3S COPR, White)
- 3 Star Split AC Whirlpool 1 Ton with a Copper coil (1.0T NEOCOOL 3S COPR)
O General ASGA18FUTC Split 3 Star 1.5 Ton Air Conditioner
Lloyd 1.5Ton 3Star Split AC (Copper, LS18B32ABWA, White)
Best AC for home use?
most energy efficient AC?
Which AC is best Voltas or LG?
What is the disadvantage of inverter AC?
Is inverter AC expensive to maintain?
Should I buy inverter AC or not?
Is inverter AC good for home?
Which AC is best and cheap?
How many units AC consumes per hour?
Best Window AC in India 2020 for home
- Voltas 1.5 ton window AC (5 stars)
- LG 1.5 ton window AC (3 stars)
- Godrej 1.5 ton window AC (3 stars)
- Carrier 1.5 ton window AC (5 stars)
- Lloyd 1 ton window AC (3 stars)
- Hitachi 1 ton AC (5 stars)
- Blue Star 1.1 ton AC (5 stars)
Best AC in India 2020 under 30000
- Hitachi inverter split AC 1 ton (4 stars)- The Best AC in India under 30000
- Voltas split inverter AC 1 ton (3 stars)
- MarQ split inverter AC 1.5 ton (3 stars)
- Whirlpool split inverter AC 1 ton (3 stars)
- Godrej Window AC
- Voltas Window AC 1.5 ton (3 stars)
- Blue star window AC 1.1 ton (5 stars)
Best AC in India 1.5 ton 5 star
- LG 1.5 ton 5-star AC – KS Q18YNZA
- Daikin 1.5 ton 5-star AC – FTKF50TV
- Carrier Breezo (CAI18BR5R39W0) Inverter Split 1.5 ton AC
- Lloyd LS19A5DA inverter split AC
- Samsung 1.5 Ton Split AC – AR18NV5HLTRNNA
Conclusion on best AC in India
So, Which is the best AC in India for you?
Choosing the simplest AC in the Republic of India is rarely a straightforward issue to think. You would like to contemplate many factors like Energy rating, Compressor, and even tonnage to search out the simplest match.
This may take time and correct analysis additionally. You may be tempted to just google for the best budget AC in India. But you would be making a mistake.
We have a tendency to gift you with the list of the simplest Split AC around from wherever you’ll conclude the simplest product offered.
Our list of the highest ACs in the Republic of India is created with various factors that you just should additionally confine mind whereas buying. The chances are that you are willing to keep out of the heat this summer? Buying an Air conditioner would be the perfect idea to spend quality time in your home.
But, if you are indeed looking to do so, purchasing any random Split AC in India would not do it for you. There are several factors which you need to keep in mind, including the conditions to buy the best split air conditioner in India.
With our guide, we present to you the top-selling ACs that are available on the market today. To rephrase it, you can choose the best air conditioner in India from here!
I hope our Split AC reviews helped you in deciding whether it is suitable for you or not. If you have any doubts, recommendations, or suggestions, please comment below.
Looking for a Best AC in India 5 Star? Read this article by clicking the link.
On a budget? Read this article on Best AC in India under 30000.
- Mosquito away technology un AC
- NanoSilver Filters in AC
- Electrostatic filter in AC
- Activated Carbon Filter in AC
- Anti-VOC filter in AC